Counselors to America's Small Business
Applying in the best interest of my employer my unique combination of professional training as a lawyer, tax specialist and MBA in areas such as: International Tax, tax planning including analysis of foreign tax credits and earned income exclusion, expatriation and dual –residency filing. Pre and post residency planning. Preparation of U.S. federal income, payroll and Estate taxes, foreign national residing in the U.S., pre immigration and expatriation. Business valuations, mediations and Litigations support and marital dissolution services. Also notable paralegal training experiences under Employment/Family based petitions, WAVA and Political Asylum for Hispanics. Small business advisory, risk management, business activity, quantitative and qualitative reasoning, management decisions, organizational performance and strategic planning.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, AZ (SOUTH FLORIDA CAMPUS)
2013 Masters in Business Administration
UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL DE VENEZUELA, CARACAS, VENEZUELA
1999 Masters in Taxation
UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA ANDRES BELLO
1999 Masters in Public Law
UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA ANDRES BELLO
1994 Abogado (equivalent of a U.S. Juris Doctor degree)
FIS Evaluation Report available
Elected member of Delta Mu Delta Honor Society in Business Administration
Lambda Sigma Chapter
NSHMBA National Society of Hispanic MBA’s
<p> Education</p> <p> MBA Industrial Relations California State University</p> <p> BS Personnel Management University of Montana</p> <p> Organizations</p> <p> Co-Chairman,Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Human Resource Committee</p> <p> Blue Ribbon Task Force Member, Secretary of Labor, State of Florida </p>
December 2011 – Present (3 years 7 months)
Work with travel wholesale suppliers and tourism representatives to create cooperative cross marketing to build sales in individual leisure and group travel.
Customizing FIT itineraries for group and individual traveler.
Entrepreneur and accomplished Systems Analyst Professional with extensive experience in combining technical background with a passion for helping people convert / navigate cultural values, behaviors and language differences to achieve their destination.
SIEMENS MEDICAL SOLUTIONS USA, INC
October 2004 – December 2011 (7 years 3 months)
Applied comprehensive approach for a major client project, uncovering clients’ need and designing a custom product which streamlined the client’s work flow and reengineered their business process, resulting in a savings of $100K in five years.
• Oversaw content management system and provided end users tutorials to enhance user creativity and improve application efficacy.
• Worked closely with both internal and external client cross functional teams to ensure that customer requests were accurately resolved 24/7.
• Effectively trained more than 4000 client employees and provided mentoring, which increased both confidence and competence in record time.
• Delivered knowledge base and tutorials to accelerate operational support, and provided documentation to facilitate the global delivery model of service execution.
Holy Redeemer Health System
January 1999 – October 2004 (5 years 10 months)
<p> Wharton SBDC Strategic Business Planning<br /> Saint Joseph's University MS, Computer Science<br /> Travel Agent University<br /> Travel Institute -CTA(Cerificed Travel Associate)</p>
Currently a licensed insurance broker specializing in health insurance benefits. I have a very strong sales background and have owned two small businesses. I have also worked as a bookkeeper with an emphasis on Quickbooks.
BS International Business - SUNY Plattsburgh
1 Year Legal Secretarial Certificate - Our Lady of Victory Secretarial School
Several training courses and certificates in sales and marketing.
1. Worked one year for an accounting firm as an auditor and preparing individual tax returns
2. Worked 5 years as a CFO at a local Wallpaper and Paint Distributor
3. Worked 3 years as a CFO at a Building Materials Distributor
4. Worked 28 years at Sysco Corporation as an operating company Controller, an operating company CFO, moved to Houston and had roles as the Corporate Controller, Chief Information Officer, Treasurer and Sr. VP of Shared Services
<p> Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting from the University of Arizona</p>