Counselors to America's Small Business
40 years experience in small business from writing the startup plan, to raising capital, to writing business policies for: safety, operations, and hiring and training personnel, to finally selling the company. Businesses included: electrical contracting, solar contracting, and general contracting. Industries served were commercial tenant improvement (strip malls and high rise office towers) and residential remodel (multifamily, condos, and single family).
Specific duties included: manage companies; create and execute marketing plans; bidder design/estimating costs; cost accounting and financial analysis
Retired as a Corps of Engineer officer from the US Army after 20 years active and reserve service.
Currently own and manage residential property management company
<p> MBA from Seattle University - concentration and thesis: Marketing</p> <p> BA from University of Puget Sound - General Business degree with a concentration in accounting</p> <p> AA from Edmonds CC - Construction Project Management degree</p>
Technology marketing professional Seasoned sales, marketing and management professional with 15 years of experience in the Technology and Commercial Real Estate market space.
TRANSWORLD has been a mainstay in the business brokerage industry for over 25 years.
Transworld is the world leader in the marketing and sales of businesses, franchises and commercial real estate. Whether you represent an acquisition-minded corporation, or are personally interested in owning your own company, Transworld offers the professional services that successfully bring buyers and sellers together. From business brokerage to mergers and acquisitions; we are the business sale specialists.
Warsaw School of Economics
Jim provides consulting and strategic planning to help business owners develop and execute strategies to achieve both business and personal goals.
Jim is a valued and trusted advisor to businesses and their owners. He focuses on strategic issues such as formation of business enterprises, mergers and acquisitions, business dispositions, succession planning, and management transition. His style is characterized by creativity, thoughtful analysis, practical solutions, trust, and integrity. He has applied his technical and business management expertise and experience as an advisor and equally important, directly as a senior level corporate manager/ executive within various companies, to define and effectuate change in organizational direction.
Application of Jim's experience includes:
CEO & shareholder of Milwaukee area manufacturer of parts and components for OEM customers. Negotiated purchase of company and initiated programs to meet evolving demands from international customer base; achieved ISO certification.
BBA degree in Accounting from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee</p>
CEO of OwnerAide working to bring technology, data science and communication tools to the forefront of real estate investing, management and renovation.
Sales focused, revenue producing business executive and property professional with 10 years experience in technology, digital media and real estate. Self-starter and team oriented. Successful at leveraging minimum resources to accomplish measurable goals and objectives.
Specialties: Sales, Management, Market Strategy, Small Business and Startup Coaching, Real Estate Investing, Property Management, Contractor Management
Professional Background: Advertising, Branding, Lead Generation, Online Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media
Stonehill College 2004 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;
Northeastern University 2008 MBA&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;
I have started businesses for myself and for my clients in the legal field, retail (stationary sales, clothing sales) and consulting (party planning). During my years in practice i represented clients that purchased and sold businesses, large and small, and I helped entrepreneurs acquire franchises in many fields. As an attorney and the owner of a number of business, I have helped many with closing loans and preparing packages to present to loan officers and reviewing the loan documents for the items relevant to different businesses. I have knowledge of real estate transactions, corporate structure and compliance issues. I also teach leadership training, conflict resolution and team building for non-profit organizations.
Expert in Leadership, General & Sales Management, Revenue & Profit Growth, Negotiations
Respected executive with extensive experience in improving both organizational and bottom line performance.
* Known for ability to lead pacesetting industry organizations (commercial and operations)
* Led three organizations to profitable sales growth and market share increase in declining markets
* Led three organizations to #1 in Customer Satisfaction
* Played a lead role in the creation and successful turnaround of new multi-billion dollar joint venture
* Led turnaround of an industry consultancy to first profits
* Led 10% cost reduction of market lowest-cost producer without sacrificing customer satisfaction
* Led implementation of business teams and balanced scorecards
* Led supply-chain re-engineering project for a chemicals division including implementation of demand planning, production scheduling, and vendor managed inventory
* Led creation of sustainability vision and strategy for major industry participant
* Led start-up and eventual sale of family owned warehouse business
Utah State University, Logan, UT:Bachelor of Science - Marketing (emphasis in Economics)
Paul Smith College, Paul Smith, NY: Associate in Applied Science - Forestry
1. SCORE volunteer. 2013 to present
2. Mueller Auto Co., Inc. Owner. Franchised dealer. Responsible for all facets of this small, family-owned, rural dealership. U-Haul franchise holder. Sold business. 1989-2013.
3. First Wisconsin/Firstar Bank. Vice President. Completed nine assignments in eleven years, including management of a large retail branch and several commercial lending divisions. 1977-1988.
4. U.S. Senator Lloyd Bentsen (TX). Aide. 1973-1976.
I think I can be of most help in advising clients on
I am a member of the SE Wisconsin chapter of SCORE. I am very impressed with the quality of my co-mentors and the training provided in the courses we sponsor. I would encourage anyone running a business to take advantage of these resources. The price is certainly right.
Marquette University. College of Journalism.