West Simsbury, CT
Counselors to America's Small Business
I have started businesses for myself and for my clients in the legal field, retail (stationary sales, clothing sales) and consulting (party planning). During my years in practice i represented clients that purchased and sold businesses, large and small, and I helped entrepreneurs acquire franchises in many fields. As an attorney and the owner of a number of business, I have helped many with closing loans and preparing packages to present to loan officers and reviewing the loan documents for the items relevant to different businesses. I have knowledge of real estate transactions, corporate structure and compliance issues. I also teach leadership training, conflict resolution and team building for non-profit organizations.
Expert in Leadership, General & Sales Management, Revenue & Profit Growth, Negotiations
Respected executive with extensive experience in improving both organizational and bottom line performance.
* Known for ability to lead pacesetting industry organizations (commercial and operations)
* Led three organizations to profitable sales growth and market share increase in declining markets
* Led three organizations to #1 in Customer Satisfaction
* Played a lead role in the creation and successful turnaround of new multi-billion dollar joint venture
* Led turnaround of an industry consultancy to first profits
* Led 10% cost reduction of market lowest-cost producer without sacrificing customer satisfaction
* Led implementation of business teams and balanced scorecards
* Led supply-chain re-engineering project for a chemicals division including implementation of demand planning, production scheduling, and vendor managed inventory
* Led creation of sustainability vision and strategy for major industry participant
* Led start-up and eventual sale of family owned warehouse business
Utah State University, Logan, UT:Bachelor of Science - Marketing (emphasis in Economics)
Paul Smith College, Paul Smith, NY: Associate in Applied Science - Forestry
1. SCORE volunteer. 2013 to present
2. Mueller Auto Co., Inc. Owner. Franchised dealer. Responsible for all facets of this small, family-owned, rural dealership. U-Haul franchise holder. Sold business. 1989-2013.
3. First Wisconsin/Firstar Bank. Vice President. Completed nine assignments in eleven years, including management of a large retail branch and several commercial lending divisions. 1977-1988.
4. U.S. Senator Lloyd Bentsen (TX). Aide. 1973-1976.
I think I can be of most help in advising clients on
I am a member of the SE Wisconsin chapter of SCORE. I am very impressed with the quality of my co-mentors and the training provided in the courses we sponsor. I would encourage anyone running a business to take advantage of these resources. The price is certainly right.
Marquette University. College of Journalism.
Expert in accounting and all phases of taxation. Have worked several decades as a practicing CPA specializing in accounting, budgeting & taxation. Also a lawyer so able to counsel on certain amounts of legal issue - choice of entity. I can generally answer any question involving taxes, accounting, budgeting and business law.
Cal State University at Los Angeles - Business Admin; Accounting
La Salle Ext University - Law Degree
Member of the Calif Bar.
My professional background has included many years of corporate experience in the area of facilities management within the utility and healthcare industries. I've also created a company in the business brokerage arena (buying and selling main street businesses for clients). Within our family, my wife and I have started and operated several small to medium sized businesses as well. I normally counsel as a SCORE E-Mail Mentor, but am also open to "face-to-face" mentoring on Saturdays or evenings at a location arranged between us. I have a passion for small businesses and the brave souls who take the entrepreneurship leap, so schedule an appointment or contact me to get started.
I have a bachelors degree in business administration and several industry certifications. I have many years of experience in the areas of (1) small business start-ups, (2) small business financial management, (3) small business strategic growth, and (4) small business marketing.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics and Minor in Accounting from UCLA.
52 years experience in Banking and was also Executive Director of the Fort Wayne Community Development Corporation with the last 30 years of my career in Commercial Lending. Was involved in numerous non-profit fund raising activities. Past member of the Fort Wayne Rotary Club and Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce.Involved in several networking groups. Currently working part-time for a life, health and annuity insurance agent. Hold a Real Estate Broker's License.
Graduated from the University of Oklahoma Graduate & Commercial Lending School. Certified from the National Development Council for Community Development Corporation as a Economic Development Finance Specialist. Holds a Real Estate Broker License & Certified from Ball State University as an Economic Development Finance Planner.