I help entrepreneurs and business owners to
- identify goals
- establish priorities and actions
- locate necessary tools
- create structure and accountability
- interpret results
- consider alternatives
- obtain financial resources
2005 - 2013 New Mexico Small Business Development network
During 8 years working with small businesses in a small Southeast New Mexico resort community, I mentored:
- hundreds of entrepreneurs in the pre-venture stage,
- almost as many existing small businesses needing help with financial or operational issues,
- and more than a dozen businesses working through ownership transitions.
September 2011 - June 2013 New Mexico State University
September 2004 - June 2011 Eastern New Mexico University
1979 – 2001 Banker and entrepreneur Austin, TX
Commercial banker for several banks during the years when the banking roulette wheel spun from energy to real estate to technology.
Started one of the first internet service providers in Austin in 1994. Sold it to a telecom company in 1996. Was a founding member of a startup that provided turnkey, internet-over-cable systems for independent cable operators and took the company public in 2000.
Learned the hard facts about irrational exuberance during the dot com boom and bust, but managed to maintain perspective and apply those lessons to an encore career as a business advisor.
2008 – 2013 Treasurer of the Resource Conservation and Development Council
2009 – 2014 Advisory Council Member of the NM Small Business Assistance Program