Counselors to America's Small Business
Expert in growing small and large businesses, and solving business problems. Experience includes 10 years in finance, 12 years in marketing and sales, 10 years in operations, and 10 years in executive management. Until Nov. 2011, EVP and Group President for Tetra Tech (NASDAQ), duties included running the full service engineering and construction business, revenues - $1 Billion, also CEO of Tetra Tech EC, revenues $650 Million. Identified and acquired companies to help expand the business, improved cash flow, and modified operations processes and procedures to improve safety and quality and improve efficiency. Familiar with most resource problems, procurement processes, and general business issues. Also have extensive experience in government contracting, for both small and large businesses. Previously COO for Foster Wheeler Environmental Corp.,EVP of Marketing and Sales for Ebasco Constructors, VP of Development, and Co-generation and Alternate Energy for Ebasco
<p> BA, Economics - University of Bridgeport, MA, Economics - New School for Social Research, Advanced Executive MBA - Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania</p>
My professional background has included many years of corporate experience in the area of facilities management within the utility and healthcare industries. I've also created a company in the business brokerage arena (buying and selling main street businesses for clients). Within our family, my wife and I have started and operated several small to medium sized businesses as well. I normally counsel as a SCORE E-Mail Mentor, but am also open to "face-to-face" mentoring on Saturdays or evenings at a location arranged between us. I have a passion for small businesses and the brave souls who take the entrepreneurship leap, so schedule an appointment or contact me to get started.
I have a bachelors degree in business administration and several industry certifications. I have many years of experience in the areas of (1) small business start-ups, (2) small business financial management, (3) small business strategic growth, and (4) small business marketing.
Over twenty years experience successfully selling and managing in excess of $55 million dollars' worth of projects for Fortune 1000 corporations ... both in the US and internationally.
- project-managed multi-functional sales and implementation teams integrating new technology with legacy systems while avoiding major (or even minor) disruptions to on-going revenue-critical operations.
- successfully managed dynamic infrastructure, networking, telecommunications and virtualization application build-outs, including projects for major organizations such as GE, NBC, American Standard, Pfizer, Prudential, Ernst & Young, KPMG and RR Donnelley.
- successfully managed projects that included working with resellers, distributors, manufacturer’s reps, and integrators -- I thoroughly understand supply channel & inventory management operations, trouble-shooting and development.
- directly managed technical installation teams of up to 12 staff, 30 indirect staff and installation cycles ranging from 3 months to 3 years.
- PMP certified/member of the PMI. Trained in TQM, TQM II, Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, Theory of Constraints, & Critical Chain Project Management.
<em>Stevens Institute of Technology:</em></p>
PhD Information Management (dissertation phase)</p>
MS Information Management (Summa Cum Laude)</p>
<em>Fairleigh Dickinson Univ.: </em>MBA </p>
<em>Union College: </em>BS Physics</p>
<p> &lt;p&gt; Undergraduate degree Accounting and Graduate degree Business Administration&lt;/p&gt;</p></p>