Counselors to America's Small Business
1. General Manager - Hexagon Metrology Services June 2004 – February 2014 (9 years 9 months) Studied and analyzed financial and technological opportunities to provide strategic plans to a $3.2B global provider of integrated design, measurement and visualization technologies. Led to the startup of three successful divisions. Included complete Business Plan development and implementation.
2. National Aftermarket Business Manager 2001 – 2004 (3 years) Revised existing go-to-market sales strategy by transitioning several of the ‘commercially savvy’ Application Engineers into Technical Sales Specialists. Direct result of studying the buying habits of the customer base and launching something innovative. As a result of this focus, the sales strategy changed dramatically and realized record revenues.
3. Regional Sales Manager, Aftermarket 1997 – 2000 (3 years) Southeast Region Partnered with Direct Sales Representatives and Certified Distributors to grow market share. Established growth plans for accounts with more potential. Continuously developed resolutions to affect long-term process improvements and successful outcomes. Consistently surpassed sales quotas year over year. Mostly software and retrofit sales (hardware), with impressive EBIT percentages.
4. Key Account Manager, Aftermarket 1996 – 1997 (1 year) Michigan Spearheaded complete line of SPC software products into each stamping plant operation. Delivered a full range of data reporting tools for each of the US small car assembly plants. Grew account by 20%.
5. Application Engineer 1995 – 1996 (1 year) Michigan Provided training and technical support to the company’s full range of software products. Arranged and installed on line software systems to several different OEM machines.
6. Adjunct Instructor - Mathematics 1993 – 1994 (1 year) Pensacola, Florida Area Taught classes in College Algebra and Pre-Calculus.
University of West Florida</p>
Dave Bricker is an award-winning designer and writer. He taught graphic and interactive design at a university level for almost 15 years. He writes a popular blog about writing, publishing, and book design, and created the PubML web-based eBook format.
MFA, Graphic Design from Miami International University of Art & Design</p>
Art’s business career focused on engineering, safety, risk management, and training in petrochemical products operations for Exxon, Allied Chemical, and Union Texas (became ARCO, then BP) in New Jersey and Houston. His areas of operational experience ranged from project management, strategic and business planning, petrochemical manufacturing, transportation, and storage. Art was the national chairman of the American Petroleum Institute’s Training and Development Committee, earning their highest recognition award for service to the petroleum industry. After an early retirement from industry, he reinvented himself as a creator of unique three-dimensional wall sculptures, a small business he operates out of his home (www.artferber.com). His photographs have won several awards and he enjoys teaching Photoshop to individuals.
He served on the board of the San Diego Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers. He is a Dale Carnegie Instructor and has been teaching their Leadership Training for Managers seminar for over 25 years. Art has concluded that the core of good leadership and management hasn’t changed over the years. He believes that coaching and mentoring is the art of assisting self-discovery.
B.S.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn N.Y.
M.S., Engineering Management, N.J. Institute of Technology, Newark, N.J.
Entrepreneur, small business owner with startup experience
Co-founder Applied Signal and Image Technology, Inc. (ASIT) acquired by L3 Communications in 2005.
Electrical Engineer BSEE Univ of Akron 1985, MSEE Johns Hopkins 1991
Experienced mentor, trainer and public speaker with MAT in secondary physics UMBC 2011.
BSEE University of Akron (1985)
MSEE Johns Hopkins University (1991)
MAT University of Maryland, Baltimore County (2011)
<p> University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, <span>Master of Science (M.S.), Communications / Advertising.</span></p> <p> Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, <span>Bachelor's Degree (B.A.), Corporate Communications, Psychology. </span></p> <p> <span>DePaul University, Chicago, IL - Practical Internet Marketing, </span>Certificate Program.<span> </span></p> <p> HubSpot<span> Academy, Inbound Marketing </span>Certificate.</p> <p> <span>Dale Carnegie-Sales </span>Certificate.</p> <p> Kepner-Tregoe<span> - Problem Solving Decision Making.</span></p>
Began work as an assistant in production of book publishing.
After receiving my master's in health care began as administrator in hospitals, then working for the governor in health care planning & writing legislation. My business developed into health care facility development. Created the ambulatory care facility at the New York twin towers.
Finally owned & managed my real estate company.
BA Hunter College
MPA New York University. Graduate School Of Public Aministration.
Small Business Technology Start-Up, Small Business Owner, Strategic Marketing, Project Management, P&L Experience, Hiring, Supervision, Training, Manage $16 Million Budget, Product Management, Initial Public Offering Experience, Secondary Teaching Credential.
California State Univ. B.S.Business/Marketing, Univ.of WA, MBA Cert. Integrated Marketing Communication Green River College; Kent, WA Cert. PC Networking Visa Debit Card Banking School, MS Project Certification, PC Networking (CCNA), MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Creating Web Pages, Search Engine Positioning, PC Troubleshooting, HTML Basics