Punta Gorda, FL
Counselors to America's Small Business
• Wide array of innovative business approaches due to work experience in various countries, cultures and different organizations; • Wrote grants/proposal; • Consistent record of forging strong business relationships with prospects and clients; • Worldwide marketing, business development and international strategist with more than 20 years of unique cross-functional expertise in computers, business development, management and sales, project management and leadership experience; • Ability to perform with a global perspective in a competitive and fast-paced business environment. Extensive international business experience, travel and exposure to different projects and cultures; • Successful record of leading teams in the development of high-quality deliverables and peak performance while focusing on responsibilities and commitments. • Foster professional growth through mentoring relationships and focus on training and development; • Competently juggle multiple projects while maintaining the uppermost emphasis on productivity and profitability.
• Turnarounds | Business Development | Strategic Planning | Management | Board Development | Organizational Development | Forecasting | Technology Adoption | Entrepreneurship | Growth Strategies • Sales Leadership | Channel Sales Strategies, Processes & Programs | Go-to-Market Strategies | Demand Generation | Marketing | Market-Segments | Social Media | Public Relations | Promotion | Creative Writing| • Prototyping |Financing | Communications | Market-Penetration |Packaging | Branding |New Product Analysis
PhD International College Major: Management Science MSM (MBA) Northrop University Major: Management, Marketing, Economics & Finance BSEE Northrop University Major: Electronics Engineering, Minor in Business DIP (ASEE) Lakehead University Major: Computer & Electronics Engineering Florida Teacher's Certification: Physics and Mathematics (Held)
I am a degreed Electronics Engineer, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, who has received two patents and worked for large and small companies mainly in the area of communications, networks and systems. I have managed large technical groups scattered across the US as well as start-ups. I have gained a proficiency in creating large budgets, spreadsheets, formal presentations and cost justifications. My technical areas of expertise has been cellular systems, paging, Hyperthermia (treatment of cancer using RF), secure voice, secure networks, cryptology, SDN (software defined networks) and network controls systems and topology.
I have a BSEE from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
45+ year career that includes design, development and implementation for Aerospace and Military (member of Mars Viking Lander design and development team and Space Shuttle proposal team), Marketing Manager / VP Sales in Computer, CAE/CAD/CAM related industries and managed manufacturing operations and sales providing Industrial Workstations including design, fabrication, sales, etc.
MBA Finance / Marketing - UCLA MS Mechanical Engineering - Colorado State University BS Aerospace Engineering - Penn State University
I worked for 40 years for the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), the federal agency that administers Defense Department contracts after they are awarded. DCMA deals with contractors of all sizes, including small businesses. My first assignments were in the quality assurance discipline, but later assignments required a knowledge of contract administration and contract payment. I have helped small businesses resolve quality assurance and contract payment issues. While working for DCMA, I served as a supervisor, a mid-level manager, and a member of DCMA Headquarters policy staff. In my supervisory and management assignments, I gained experience with strategic planning, budgeting, staffing, and other management responsibilities.
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Fairmont State University, Fairmont, WV. I was also accepted into the MBA program at the University of Toledo and had taken some evening MBA courses while working full-time. However, I did not complete the program.
Lubin School of Business at Pace University MBA in Management and Entrepreneurship
State University of NY at Fredonia BS in Organizational Psychology (User Interface Design/Leadership) and Information Systems
13 yrs Armstrong Prods., Research, cost service, tech service, quality control
15 yrs Winona Corp., Gen. Mgr., President, Owner Sold business in 2001
<p> BS from Purdue University 1969</p> <p> </p> <p> Masters Business St. Francis</p>
Summary Strategic Business Planning / M&A Experience / Sales Team Leadership New Product & Market Development Rich has over thirty years of experience in executive management with both major corporations and small start-ups. He served as the president of two companies and in varies senior management positions in sales, marketing, and business & product development. He provided strong leadership & management in the areas of strategic business positioning, product definition & development and establishment of a clear and compelling customer focus. In addition, Rich had direct responsibility for raising investment capital and M&A activities. He prides himself on his strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills and expertise in building a high performance management team which develops solid relationships with customers and other business stakeholders. TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS * Led the successful turnaround of a privately held IC equipment firm into a merger with a larger company * Effectively managed the product-development / market introduction for new products for two start-up companies. Raised seed and development funding from major corporations in the USA and Japan. * Introduced and led the formal PDP (Product Development Processes) for new, innovative 300mm production equipment for the semiconductor industry. * Led a successful introduction of a web- based ecommerce business that marketed and sold high end tech equipment though a website to a global customer base. * Introduced the QFD (Quality Function Deployment) process to improve both profitability and customer satisfaction for after sales system market.
<p> US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO - BS Electrical Engineering</p> <p> Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA - MS Electrical Engineering</p> <p> Stanford Business School, Palo Alto, CA - MBA</p>
Greater than 39 years of business experience in the global nuclear energy industry and small business environment.
I have spent all my career in various Information Technology roles:
- Application development, design, and programming
- Technical training both in classroom and computer based training
- Project management
- Staff and operations management
- Process and quality improvement using 6-sigma
I have worked over 20 years in automotive and airplane manufacturing. I have also spent time working for IT consulting companies.
I am very detail oriented and organized. I have built strong cross-functional teams for short term workshops as well as ongoing business departments.
MBA in Management - University of Puget Sound, Seattle, WA
BA in Math and Computer Sciences - University of Missouri, Columbia, MO</p>
6-sigma Master Black Belt
PMP - Project Management Professional
Over 40 years practitioner experience in marketing, communications, and management working in/with 100s profit and non-profit organizations from start ups to ongoing concerns, small to large (but mostly small). Last 15 years as a college professor in marketing and management at the undergrad and graduate levels.
<p> Doctorate in Business Administration (University of Sarasota, FL), MBA in marketing (Babson College, MA), BA in English (Stonehill College, North Easton, MA).</p>