This month’s SCORE Infographic takes a closer look at small businesses. From the optimism of small business owners, the growth in women-owned businesses, to SCORE’s impact, the numbers show small businesses are steadily on the rise and are here to stay.
Small business optimism is on the rise
- 37% say business prospects are excellent
- 45% say business prospects are good
- 57% plan geographical expansion during the next year
- 61% plan to increase their marketing
- 56% plan to increase social media activity
- 25% plan to hire (and most plan to hire full-timers!)
Women-owned businesses are starting and growing at a historic rate in the U.S.
- 9.1 million women-owned businesses in 2014 ( up from 8.6 million in 2013)
- 1,288 New businesses are started every day by women
- 1.4 trillion in revenue generated
How SCORE is doing its part
- 38,630 new businesses started through SCORE in 2013
- 40,175 number of SCORE clients that increased revenue in 2013
- 56% of SCORE's clients in 2013 were women
Download this month’s SCORE Infographic for the full picture on all these stats.