This month’s SCORE infographic shows the best techniques for making business to business (B2B) sales calls. Making these calls is a time-consuming task, so we hope these tips will help point you in the right direction.
The best sales leads originate from the following:
- 39% from outbound marketing, such as inside sales and telemarketing
- 27% from events, such as trade shows and webinars
- 17% from online, such as searches and testimonials
- 10% from media, such as radio and television
- 5% from social media, such as Facebook and Twitter
Even after dozens of calls, not all leads become sales.
- Every 30 dials leads to 1 conversation.
- Every 3 conversations lead to 1 appointment
- Every 3 appointments lead to 1 opportunity.
To achieve successful opportunities, good sales practices are critical.
- The average time to respond to a web-based inquiry is 39 hours.
- Make 50 calls a day, on average.
- 30-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first.
Download this month’s SCORE infographic for more details. If you need help developing your sales strategy, contact a SCORE mentor. You can also get tips from our free resources.