How Do You Boost Profits in a Recession?
In this recession we are all thinking that if we lower prices we will get more businessâ¦but guess what?Â Price is a losing battle because when you discount your products or services you are driving your revenues down and your profit margins. Always remember, we are in business to make a profit.
Price cutting is NOT the answer:
Leverage the benefits of your products and services.
- Give guarantees
- Build sales with value
- Gauge sales by phone calls, are customers calling you?
- Gauge sales by clicks, is your website getting visitors?
- Consider cause marketing; can a percentage of all sales be donated to your favorite charity or your customerâs favorite charity?
- Be a better corporate citizen: publicize how you are going green by saving resources and preserving the environment.
- Become more relevant to your customers educate them and help them this builds trust, credibility and loyalty.
Create value for customers and value is not just price.Â Drive sales with the benefits you can offer.Â Listen to your customers and stimulate sales through loyalty.Â These are a few ideas that I learned when I attended Advertising Week in NYC.Â Are there other ideas that you can share on how to keep your customers coming back.