Join our intensive workshop designed for small business owners eager to learn how marketing can help their business grow. This class will set the foundation for all students to synthesize a marketing strategy and follow through from intent to execution.
Students who are starting their marketing education should complete this online marketing plan tutorial prior to attending the class. https://www.score.org/course/simple-steps-starting-your-business-marketing-plan
- What Marketing is and what it isn't
- Branding - USP, Positioning, Tagline, 4Ps, SWOT
- High level review of Market Research &
Join our second marketing intensive workshop designed for small business owners to learn how to create their own Marketing Plan. Learn to think strategically about how to allocate your marketing energy to match your business intent.
- Now that you've defined who you are from Class #1 (Branding) - quick review
- Deep Dive into the Elements of a Marketing Plan
- Market Research
- Market Segmentation
- Target Audience
- Marketing Goals & Objectives
- Competitive Analysis
- Marketing Options and when/why you would use it
- Offline vs Digital
- B2B vs B2C
- Budget & Resources
- Action Plan & Timeline
About the instructor:
Simple Steps for Starting Your Business
Join our third marketing intensive workshop designed for small business owners to learn how to execute their Marketing Plan as well as how to evaluate its performance so your business keeps growing and you continue to get the right return on investment for your marketing dollars.
- Marketing Strategy/Plan is in place (review of Class #2)
- Can't just "set it and forget it"
- Implement and Execute
- Production of content/assets
- Develop a way to measure / evaluate the plan
- Monitor & Measure
- Questions to answer
- Evaluate & Adjust
- Use same list of Options from Class #2 and explain how to evaluate and
Basic Finances for Starting Your Business