Using Communications Technology to Help your Business Survive and Thrive
Avaya, a global leader in business communications, provides tips on designing a unified communications strategy for your small business. Learn how to be efficient, responsive, accessible and productive with this eGuide.
Using communications technology to help your business survive and thrive
Here are five questions to ask yourself:
1. How can I cut expenses without sacrificing productivity?
- These days every dollar counts but you can’t afford to cut corners on productivity.
- Communication doesn’t have to be expensive—in fact, the right options can save you money.
2. How can we be more responsive to customers to build our competitive advantage?
- Your ability to react and adapt quickly is one of the most important differences between you and your larger competitors— without that, you lose our edge.
- With the right tools, you can leverage your responsiveness to ensure deadlines are met and orders are on-time.
3. Am I as accessible to my customers as they want me to be?
- Give your customers a single number—your office number, for example—and when they call that number, you get the call, no matter where you are.
- Once you answer a call, place the caller on hold, transfer, conference, and even record the conversation to your office voice messaging system.
4. How can we stay productive when we’re traveling or out of the office?
- Avoid frustrations when traveling by staying productive during delays and eliminate expensive international calls.
- Use your PC to communicate when you’re out of the office.
5. How can I recruit and retain the right people?
- Give your employees the flexibility of working from home to increase morale and lower your costs.
- You can move beyond the immediate area of your office to find the right people who can work remotely with the same level of control that you get with your office workers.
Have a question about communications technology? Connect with a SCORE mentor online or in your community today!