Online Advertising: Go for the Right Audience and You'll See Real Results
One third of small and mid-sized businesses buy online advertising, spending an average of $6,800 annually. Download this infographic to learn more about how small business owners spend their online marketing budget and which ads prove most effective.
Are you using online ads to help grow your small business?
Consider the following trends when developing your strategy:
- One third of small and mid-sized businesses buy online advertising (paid search and display ads), spending an average of $6,800 annually.
- 3% of small business owners think that pay-per-click ads are effective, but 77% of ads are never seen!
- A typical person sees 1,700 banner ads per month, but clicks just .1% of the time.
Many businesses are shifting their money to social media advertising.
Investment in social media ads has increased from $3.8 billion in 2011 to $5.9 billion in 2013. This amount is projected to increase to $9.8 billion in 2016.
There’s a lot to “like” about social media:
- Facebook delivers 25% of the ads on the internet. Clicks on Facebook ads are up 29% and revenue per click is up a whopping 176% (from 2012 to 2013).
- Twitter ads build awareness and greater brand favorability. They also generate 55% greater purchase intent than non-engagers.
- 60% of LinkedIn users have clicked an ad. LinkedIn offers a visitor-to-lead conversion 3 times higher than Facebook or Twitter.