SCORE Updates the “Summer Finance Fix-up” at www.score.org
Washington, D.C.─SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has added a “July Finance Fix-up” section to the SCORE home page at www.score.org. This newly-updated content area offers valuable business financing articles and workshops to help small business owners start up and grow.
Visitors to www.score.org will find the following free resources:
- Quick Guide to Growth Financing. Download this free guide on business finances, provided by the Manufacturing Extension Partnership. Learn about cash management practices, debt financing, federal loan programs and business taxes.
- Online Workshop: Quick Start Biz Plan. Take this free online workshop for information about writing a business plan. Banks and other lenders require one before extending credit, business loans or overdraft protection.
- 60-Second Guide to Collecting Payment. Learn how to collect from overdue accounts. Tips include preventing late payments, being careful with credit and taking stronger action if necessary.
- 5 Tips on Conserving Capital. Get some quick ideas on sales, pricing, cash reserves, leasing and office equipment.
- Grant Resources for Small Businesses. Find out if there are any federal, state or local grants that may be appropriate for your type of business.
SCORE added another new home page section on “Find the Right Work/Life Balance This Summer.” Topics include: How to Maintain Your Life Balance; Run Your Business Better; Fight Business Burnout; Avoid Time-Wasters; and Renew Yourself as a Leader. For more information, visit www.score.org.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped 8 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 10,500 volunteer business counselors in 389 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE on the Web at www.score.org.