SCORE Offers Disaster Planning and Recovery Resources for Small Businesses
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 11, 2010
Start of Hurricane Season Is a Good Time to Get Prepared for Any Catastrophe
Washington, D.C. — As the Atlantic hurricane season begins in June, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” reminds entrepreneurs that disaster can strike any business at any time. Equipment failures, thefts, accidents or natural disasters can impact operations, employees and customers. SCORE counselors offer expert mentoring and workshops that can help a business prepare for and recover from a disaster.
Find a SCORE office near you and Ask SCORE for free disaster preparation and recovery advice. Take advantage of updated resources online at www.score.org/disaster_preparedness.html.
Helpful links and resources include:
- Get Disaster Planning Advice. SCORE provides advice by email 24/7. Search by business question or keyword. Get answers to questions from more than 1,200 online counselors
- Upcoming Events. SCORE, HP and Intel are hosting a series of free “Maximize Your Success” workshops nationwide offering real insights and simple solutions to help increase efficiencies, boost productivity and grow sales
- Resources to Protect Your Business. Learn how to avert disaster, recover quickly, protect business data, plan for a crisis, get the right insurance, and prepare for hurricane season
- Government Resources & Recovery Assistance. Get links to state and federal government resources, including the SBA, IRS, FEMA and Department of Homeland Security. The U.S. Chamber also offers assistance
- Stargazer Resources. Check out forms, checklists and FAQs from The Stargazer Foundation, which provides free emergency resources
In addition, SCORE and American Express OPEN are hosting a series of free “Small Business Speed Coaching” events across the country.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 9 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring and workshops to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses. More than 13,000 business experts volunteer as mentors in 364 chapters serving local communities with entrepreneur education to help grow 1 million small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Connect with SCORE at www.facebook.com/SCOREFans and www.twitter.com/SCOREMentors.
For more information, contact SCORE's public relations manager at 1-800/634-0245 or email@example.com.