SCORE Launches the “Accelerate Your Success Program” to Help Small Businesses Recover from the Recession
Washington, D.C.—SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” announces the “Accelerate Your Success Program,” a three-month campaign to help small business owners focus on a plan for success, manage and acquire cash, and develop a sales pipeline. Visit www.score.org/accelerate through April for online toolkits and resources designed specifically to reach today’s entrepreneur.
Many small business owners have been coming to SCORE for help with cutting costs, getting capital, streamlining operations and finding new customers. SCORE offices across the country are staffed with volunteer experts who have experience in finance, accounting, management, marketing and strategic planning.
SCORE counselors know the local market and can help with information about local funding sources. A SCORE mentor can help a small business weather the recession and come through it a strong company. The “Accelerate Your Success Program” is a joint effort with all of SCORE’s 370 offices and more than 11,200 volunteer counselors nationwide.
Visit www.score.org/accelerate for a featured toolkit each month. The January toolkit includes:
- Ask SCORE. Choose an online mentor whose skills meet your needs to get fast, focused attention with answers to your questions by email.
- eGuide & Template: How to Form Your Advisory Board. Find out how to assemble a group of advisors who can give you strategic guidance. Use the template to build your team.
- Biz Tips: Five Recession Pitfalls to Avoid. Get ideas on how to survive an economic downturn intact and lead toward a brighter future.
- eGuide: Are You Waiting for a Market Turnaround? Don’t. Act Now. Learn from a SCORE expert about getting good advice, conserving cash, freeing up your time, and using marketing to drive sales.
- Podcast: The Importance of Mentoring. Listen to business expert SCORE CEO Ken Yancey talk about the value of mentoring for entrepreneurs.
Each month, SCORE will offer a new online toolkit with special articles, templates, podcasts and workshops at www.score.org/accelerate. In February, look for resources on improving cash flow, finding sources of funding and cleaning up your FICO score.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 8 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 11,200 volunteer business counselors in 370 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.