SCORE Helps Women Entrepreneurs with Online Resources at www.score.org
Washington, D.C.─SCORE offers online resources for women entrepreneurs at www.score.org. SCORE provides articles, tools and mentoring that can help women small business owners grow a business and recover from the recession.
The SCORE women’s web site offers interactive tools, mentoring, workshops and articles. Complete a simple registration form to use the sales forecast tool and monthly checklist. Featured content at www.score.org/women:
- Identify Your Sales Strategy Workshop. Try SCORE’s most popular online workshop to develop a sales plan that will bring maximum results.
- Start a Business Webinar. Sign up for this free webinar, April 13th at Noon Eastern. Women’s Success Blogger Julie Brander, MBA, co-presents this live event on steps and strategies for start-up success. Presented in cooperation with The Company Corporation. Online registration is now open.
- Boost Your Sales. Take the Strategies to Attract & Keep Your Customers online workshop. Check out the Sony eGuide for Demystifying Social Media. Use the Sales Forecast template. Get 8 Great Tips to Boost Your Sales.
- SCORE Women’s Success Blog. Women SCORE leaders offer their insights and advice on issues facing women entrepreneurs across America at http://womensblog.score.org.
- Give Me Five. American Express and WIPP help women business owners secure federal government contracts with the Give Me 5% program.
- SCORE Mentoring. Get free online and face-to-face mentoring and workshops.
SCORE honored Dr. Yamile Jackson, owner of Zakeez, Inc. in Sugar Land, Texas, with the SCORE Award for Outstanding Woman-owned Business. She earned this honor for her contributions to his community, exemplary achievements in her field, and overall business success. Just after starting her business, Jackson turned to Houston SCORE for advice and mentoring.
SCORE helped her plan and prepare for her first trade show. Other SCORE experts have helped her develop marketing materials. “How appropriate it is that for a product designed to help nurture new and small babies, I have received so much help from a group of professionals dedicated to nurturing new and small businesses,” she says.
Read her story at www.score.org/success_zakeez.html.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 8.5 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through mentoring and business workshops. More than 12,400 volunteer business counselors in 364 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE online at www.score.org.