SCORE Awards Put a Spotlight on Small Business Success
Entrepreneurs and Supporters Honored for Creating Jobs and Helping to Improve the Economy at August Event
Washington, D.C. — SCORE, -www.score.org- mentors to America’s small business, announces the winners of the 4th annual SCORE Awards for entrepreneurial excellence and support of America’s small businesses. The SCORE Awards gala will be held August 16th in New Orleans, LA.
SCORE CEO Ken Yancey says, “Small businesses continue to play a vital part in restoring this country. This year’s SCORE Award winners are success stories that symbolize the thousands of entrepreneurs who uplift our communities by putting the American economy back on track. SCORE is thrilled about the opportunity to play a small role and help advise these small businesses as they pursue success.”
The SCORE Foundation President Mark Dobosz says, “Each year the winners of the SCORE Awards exceed my expectations. The recipients stand out by epitomizing core American values such as work ethic, ingenuity, and fortitude. I believe that their accomplishments, and recognition here, will inspire others across America to follow their dreams of small business success.”
This year’s SCORE Award recipients are:
- Outstanding Minority-owned Small Business, Sponsored by AT&T: Creative Jewelry by Bridgeja’ – Bridgeja’ Baker – New Orleans, LA
- Outstanding Franchise Small Business, Sponsored by The UPS Store: Massage Envy, Middletown – Terry Paradise & Marcia Connelley - Louisville, KY
- Outstanding Green Small Business, Sponsored by The Office Depot Corporation: USA Gypsum – Terry Weaver – Reinholds, PA
- Outstanding Small Business Launched by an Individual 50+, Sponsored by Deluxe Corporation: Bohrmann Knives – Bruce Bohrmann – Yarmouth, ME
- Outstanding Veteran-owned Small Business, Sponsored by Insperity: Aurico Reports – Joel Goldberg – Arlington Heights, IL
- Outstanding Woman-owned Small Business, Sponsored by Constant Contact: My Story, Inc. – Tasha Oldham – Marina del Rey, CA
- Outstanding Non-Profit Organization, Sponsored by The Office Depot Foundation: Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce – Beth Johnston – Boca Raton, FL
- Outstanding Corporate Supporter: The Walmart Foundation and Sam’s Club
- House Small Business Champion: Richard Hanna (R – NY)
Each year, SCORE recognizes outstanding volunteerism on behalf of both SCORE and the small business community through its Lou Campanelli Award. The SCORE Foundation is pleased to present the 2012 Lou Campanelli Award to two outstanding individuals, Rieva Lesonsky and Brian Moran.
What: SCORE Awards
Date: August 16th, 2012
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Hilton Riverside
2 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
About SCORE: Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 9 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring and workshops to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses. More than 13,000 business experts volunteer as mentors in 364 chapters serving local communities with entrepreneur education to help grow 1 million small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Connect with SCORE at www.facebook.com/SCOREFans, http://twitter.com/SCOREMentors
About The SCORE Foundation: The mission of The SCORE Foundation is to support and leverage the work of SCORE by soliciting, investing and managing resources for the benefit of SCORE. Learn more about The SCORE Foundation at www.scorefoundation.org.