Check Out SCORE’s “Summer Finance Fix-up” at www.score.org
SCORE Adds Important Financial Tips & Resources for Fast Access from the Home Page
Washington, D.C.─SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” announces a new section with business financing articles, workshops and resources at the SCORE Web site, www.score.org. The new content area on the home page offers valuable information and tools to help small business owners obtain the critical funding they need to succeed.
Visitors to www.score.org will find the following free resources:
- Creating a Cash Reserve. Find practical ideas and tactics to create a cash reserve in your business. Learn how to plan ahead for cash squeezes by focusing on the financial things you can do to save or generate money.
- Guide to Managing Cash Flow. Improve your understanding of how to manage your company’s cash flow, measure the amount of cash on hand, and prepare for cash flow shortfalls in the future.
- 5 Tips on Getting a Loan and 5 Tips on Approaching Your Bank. Learn how to use a business plan to get the bank loans you need. Get tips on how to evaluate your business, plus what lenders look for when making a decision to loan you money.
- Five Grant Resources for Small Businesses. Find out if there are any federal, state or local grants that may be appropriate for your type of business.
- How to Pay Business Debts You Can’t Afford. This 16-page workbook from SCORE and Corporate Turnaround helps small businesses survive when facing economic and financial challenges.
SCORE can help you get SBA-backed loans and other funding through free online and face-to-face mentoring, downloadable templates and low-cost workshops. Before you apply for a loan, talk to SCORE. For more information, visit www.score.org.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 7.9 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 10,500 volunteer business counselors in 389 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE on the Web at www.score.org.