Web Startup 101 - How to Build a Web-based Business
9:00am - 3:30pm MDT
Sponsored by SCORE Denver. Dreamed of owning a web-based business? Learn how to start and run a successful online company.
Learn How to Navigate Your Way to a Successful Online Business
If you've ever dreamed of owning an online business but aren't sure where to start or what's required to be successful, this workshop is designed especially for you. You'll learn how to navigate your way through the process of creating a web-based business that fits your skillsets. You don't need to have a web business idea in mind, just a desire to create one.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
· What types of websites are most successful
· How to avoid common pitfalls made by most new web entrepreneurs
· How to zero in on your target market
· How to monetize your website
· How to gather competitor intel and how to use it
· How to create your web business identity
· What makes a good domain name
· What steps are required to make your web business official and legal
· How to choose a web designer and what questions to ask
· How to manage your web design professionals
· What features your website needs to be competitive
· And much, much more...
This is an interactive, action oriented workshop. You'll brainstorm ideas with fellow classmates, put pen to paper to start the design process for your new website, and leave the class with an action plan to make your dream a reality.
Important: This is not a workshop about how to build your own website. This workshop will teach you how to build a web-based company. It's not intended for small business owners who need a marketing website built for their existing business.
You will also receive a copy of JP's Book: The Web Startup Roadmap, at the conclusion of class.
Your Expert Instructor
JP Stonestreet has been a SCORE counselor since 2009 and has mentored dozens of people with the dream of starting an online business. He has been in the Internet biz since 1995, building websites for large and small companies, as well as running several of his own. In 2008, he sold two web companies to a large business in San Francisco, CA and now focuses his energy on helping others follow their entrepreneurial dreams.
This is a PRE-PAID Workshop ONLY. The cost of the Workshop is $75 which includes the book. Please click on the Register link above to continue!