Leasing Small Business Space Workshop
8:45am - 12:30pm EDT
For complete details on this workshop click the title above.
Leasing Small Business Space
How to avoid expensive mistakes
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:45am-12:30pm
Are you about to sign your first commercial lease? Will you be re-negotiating a lease for your existing business? If you answered YES, this workshop will provide tips and tools to avoid making expensive mistakes in the future!
- Understand the process of searching for and leasing space;
- Explore the pro's and con's of working with a real estate agent;
- What are the basic elements of the negotiating process and what key techniques will strengthen your position?
- Understand the key differences between gross and triple net leases, and office and retail leases;
- Review, understand and remember the key lease terms and clauses, and the common lease language pitfalls to avoid;
- Learn to review financially material terms such as option clauses and rent escalations;
- Learn the different techniques of what to look for and the type of analysis to use when determining whether you should lease or purchase a property;
- Why you should memorize the seven most expensive mistakes you could make in your lease.
Workshop speaker, Bill Fletcher, has been a Real Estate Broker since 1978 and actively involved in commercial real estate and business brokerage to the present. Was a NYS Certified Real Estate Instructor for 18 years teaching many topics. Formerly Real Estate Manager for the University of Rochester, and just completed 14+ years as Special Projects & Real Estate Manager for Monroe County, highlighted by being Project Manager for the planning and construction of the Sportsplex at Monroe Community College and the Appellate Courthouse in Rochester. Currently Adjunct Faculty member for Empire State College FORUM West as an evaluator of Credit By Evaluation (CBE) requests since 2010.