· Financial consultant with MSFS, ChFC, CLU, JD, MBA, and background as a practicing attorney. Superlative communication skills reflected in published novel and presentations in federal courts, including two filed certiorari before the U.S. Supreme Court.
FINANCIAL ADVISOR | Los Angeles | 2008-present
· Insurance broker with Quantum Insurance Design
· Registered Investment Advisor and Financial Representative with NDX
INDEPENDENT BUSINESS ADVISOR | Los Angeles | 2003-2007
· Consulted clients on managing relationships with law firms and preparing for legal cases.
· Negotiated settlements and contracts.
LAW OFFICES OF EMIR PHILLIPS | Principal | Los Angeles | 1990-1998
· Founded firm of 3 lawyers specializing in civil rights, criminal law and workers comp.
· Handled over 350 cases, generating $2-3 million in annual revenue.
· Supervised entire operation: real estate, personnel, tax prep, and $150k in marketing annually.
· Court affiliations: U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, U.S. District Court, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, California Supreme Court.
· Memberships: California Applicants Attorneys Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
MSFS: Masters of Science in Financial Services: THE AMERICAN COLLEGE, PA
ChFC and CLU: THE AMERICAN COLLEGE, PA
JD: University Of Indiana Law School, Bloomington, IN
MBA: California State University, Long Beach, CA
Assisted in developing innovative business plan to increase savings rate for blue-collar pension. Project initiated by Professor Richard H. Thaler (U. Chicago) and Professor Shlomo Benartzi (UCLA).
BS Economics: University Of New Orleans, LA
Certifications and Licenses:
· Project Management Institute (#80219)
· Registered Investment Advisor (Series 65 license)
· Financial Representative (Series 63 and 7 license)
· IRS Certified Tax Preparer
· Certified Annuity, Medicare and Long-Term Care Specialist
· Real Estate Broker
· Languages: Spoken Spanish
· Real Estate: Currently manage 3 properties (commercial and residential)
· Interests: History, Theology, Boxing, Travel (Cuba, Poland, Chile, Spain, France, Italy, Austria)
· Writing: Author of the published novel Lucitan (Amazon.com)
· Prof. Shlomo Benartzi, UCLA/Anderson, 310-206-9939 | firstname.lastname@example.org
· Prof. Donald Minyard, University of Alabama, (205) 541-1229 | email@example.com