Published Apr. 13, 2011
Use these quick tips from Kansas City SCORE to help grow your business.
1. Don’t let a day pass without engaging in at least one marketing activity.
2. Determine a percentage of gross income to spend annually on marketing.
3. Set specific marketing goals every year; review and adjust quarterly.
4. Maintain a tickler file of ideas for later use.
5. Carry business cards with you (all day, every day).
6. Create a personal nametag or pin with your company name and logo on it and wear it at high visibility meetings.
Published Apr. 12, 2011
I recently left a career as a mortgage broker to pursue my true passion, interior design. I’ve done some traditional marketing—website, advertising, direct mail—but most of the work I’ve picked up has come via word-of-mouth. Is there an art to this method of marketing and, if so, how can I master it?
Published Apr. 1, 2011
Social Media has taken over most conversations in the realm of communications and marketing. Some people think that social media will cure all. The truth is that the technology behind social media has just made it easier for professionals in the communications industry to connect with their audiences more than ever before.
By Michael Pranikoff, Director, Emerging Media, PR Newswire
Consortium of Public and Private Organizations
In Helping Entrepreneurs Leverage Technology to Fuel Their Growth and Success